Thursday, August 23, 2007

O;j;O

i'm on my buddy handlebars's couch after work, watching blue planet and listening to him snore on the floor. i'll be sleeping here tonight under a blanket with a tiger on it. earlier i broke up a chick fight, had beer thrown and spit in my face, and couldn't manage to drink more than a sip of a beer. but, in an interesting upside, i listened to some just twenty-one dudes talk about the band they're starting and it made me feel good about myself.

i am by no means a musician. i have never claimed to be and have actively denied it. this is not being humble. there is not a single instrument in the world out of which i can make music. i've been known to, sometimes, make some good noises on my computer, but beyond that, nothin. (which reminds me, i want to make music that kills people: http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,2154289,00.html )

right, so, the young gentleman were discussing what they wanted the band to sound like. they had jammed, let's say, twice, and were ready to make some decisions. and all they talked about were other bands. i can't remember any of them. i wish i could say they brought up silverchair, but it was mostly respectable music, so i forgot.

it's just never really made sense to me to actually want to sound/look/be like my heroes. they're my heroes, not me. and the thing that makes them awesome enough to be heroes? (or, at least, my concept of heroes.) it's that they did their own thing. that's what made them important in the first fucking place. it someone's already done it, why the fuck do you want to?

this, i think, also relates to my confusion about who opens diners.

right, well, i've already broken my promise to myself about turning this blog into a diary of any sort. when i see this tomorrow (i check my blog like some sort of wierdo. really. totally.) i'll probably take it down, so read it while you can.

oh, and the subject of this is an elephant.

No comments: